For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Westpoint Exeter, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, EX5 1DJ.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com. If you believe that any personal data we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, then please contact us via the email address provided above as soon as possible.
Information we may collect from you and how we use it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, social media, post or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information on how you use the Site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us develop the design and layout of the website.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, geographical location, browser type and version.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the websites operated by our company or services we provide.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
We use the following cookies:
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To assist and enable us to provide its services, products and offers to customers and prospective customers.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data in a manner which meets the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage.
All data will be stored until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive information. In all cases our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis and information which is no longer required will be disposed of safely.
Disclosure of your information
As part of the ‘Devon Country Agricultural Association’ (DCAA) we may share your details with the DCAA and our sister company ‘Devon County Show’.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- For the purposes of own-event ticketing, printing and mailing of its product, services and offers. We will ensure these third party agents hold a Non-Disclosure Agreement and Fair Processing Policy. Your details will not be shared with any other third party for marketing purposes.
- To include any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Your personal data will not be transferred to countries or territories outside the European Economic Area (the EEA).
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We may request the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
Updating your information and Opting Out
You may choose to modify or delete your personal information at any time. Additionally, you may choose to opt out of all further mailings. Please let us know of this by email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can keep your information up to date and accurate.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
Questions and queries
This Site is owned and operated by Westpoint Centre (Devon) Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 2371174, and our registered office at Westpoint Exeter, Clyst St. Mary, Exeter, Devon, EX5 1DJ.