Bride: The Wedding Show
24th Mar 2018
- 25th Mar 2018
The South West’s premier bridal exhibition is pleased to announce the return of the spring edition on 24-25 March 2018.
Welcoming more than 4,000 brides-to-be and their guests to the October 2017 event, Bride: The Wedding Show at Westpoint Exeter will feature more than 130 inspirational wedding suppliers under one roof.
From bridal boutiques to florists and cake-makers to photographers, the show hosts every possible wedding expert, all willing to offer inspiration and advice for your big day.
The sensational choreographed catwalk shows are a highlight not to be missed, which are set to delight the crowds three times each day at 11.30am, 1.15pm and 3pm. See the latest bridal gowns, bridesmaids’ dresses, menswear and mother-of-the-bride outfits showcased by the professional models in an entertaining performance that combines music and captivating choreography.
Local wedding artists will be perform live on the café stage each day to get the party started, and there will be competitions to enter, deals and special show discounts.
The champagne bar lends even more sparkle to the occasion, and the stylish café provides refreshments all day. Every bride-to-be can pick up a free copy of the brand new 2018 issue of South West Bride magazine as well as a glossy showguide, and the first 100 brides through the doors each day will get a goody bag packed full of treats and token gifts to take home.
Our top 10 ways to make the most of a wedding show
1. If you’re looking for something specific – stationery, cakes etc – make a list of the must see suppliers you want to speak to and head there first. Then enjoy the rest of the day browsing others.
2. If you’re not looking for something in particular, just ideas in general, chat to as many suppliers as you can about what they’re offering and their products on display.
3. Don’t leave it too late – don’t think you’ll be able to whizz around in an hour and get key items sorted. You will get distracted by other suppliers and may have to wait to talk to the ones you specifically want to talk too.
4. Take advantage of discounts and offers available but don’t let yourself be pressurised into buying if you’re not sure.
5. Take a break and have something to eat in the cafe or a glass of fizz in the champagne bar. This will give you time to mull over anything you might need/want to make a decision about on the day.
6. Don’t miss the catwalk show – even if you’re already got your gown it’s worth watching; it’s entertainment at its best with brides having been heard calling their non-marrying friends to come down just to watch it. You might also pick up ideas for the groom, mother-of-the-bride or bridesmaids.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask questions – no matter how silly they might seem to you. Our suppliers are all there purposefully to help you and answer these questions.
8. Don’t be afraid to try things out – if you like the idea of a photo booth but want to see how it works have a go, equally sample those tasty looking cupcakes they’re offering you, if there’s a gown you love the look of ask if you can try it on. The same goes with hair/make-up demonstrations.
9. See as many of the suppliers as you can. They will provide you with even more ideas for your big day.
10. There will be entertainers all around the show – factor in some time to watch them or the demonstrations going on. You might find the performer of your dreams, pick up some ideas or simply go away having enjoyed their performance.
Admission prices: £5 each or £15 for a group of four in advance
£7.50 each on the day
Children 16 and under admitted free
10am - 4pm
Phone: 01242 211099